Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Random Thought Number One

How do birds know when to push their young from the nest? How do you know when a child is ready to "fly" on his own? At what point do you step back and just pray and watch, without interfering? Do you ever reach a point where you feel as though you should? These are tough questions weighing on my heart today. Nothing specific happened to bring these thoughts up - it's just that the whole issue of moving has made me think of things I never considered before (or didn't want to). What is so difficult is wanting to step in and say, "Here, let me help you", or in my case it has been mostly "Here, let me do that for you". I am beginning to see in retrospect that my helping was actually hindering in some instances. I now understand the meaning of "This hurts me more than it hurts you". Hmmm - it really is true that the older we get, the smarter our parents become.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails