Monday, January 31, 2005

It's been a few days since I last blogged. Andy just loves that word. He cracks up laughing every time I say it. Anyway, winter weather definitely visited us this weekend! We had snow, ice, rain and wind. Yesterday the trees looked beautiful - first because they were coated with ice and glistening like glass, but then it snowed again and the snow stuck to every ice-covered surface and everything looked like it had been dusted with powdered sugar. This morning the trees were icy and looked like glass again, but I guess there will be no snow coming behind it this time. Schools were two hours late this morning. I love these mornings! I would love it better if school were cancelled entirely, but I'll make do with two hours late. I was able to finish most of today's work by the time Andy got up, leaving my day free for the really important things - like blogging, for instance!

I read something a while back that I really like. I just came across it again this weekend and wanted to share it here.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO HOO! What a ride!"

The visual I get when I read that is hilarious! If ya gotta go, that sounds like the very best way to do it!

I should probably get back to my de-cluttering. Yuck. I'm trying to be ruthless, but it's terribly hard. One never knows when one might actually use that springform pan that one has had for eight years and never used. I could say that about a LOT of other things I am finding stashed away! Oh, well. Back to the dust mines (or mites, as it were).

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails