Wednesday, January 05, 2005

I think that I have found the secret to weight loss. Eat as much as you can over the holidays until you spend one night in agony, clinging to a bottle of Pepto-Bismol for dear life. I pondered these things as I was in misery last night. I asked what I could have done to feel this awful, and a little unwelcome voice in my head said "gluttony". No, said I. Perhaps it is a virus. After all, I was volunteering at school yesterday and I'm sure there must have been some sick children, and..., and..., and....... sigh. Yes - gluttony, I admitted in defeat. (Perhaps more troubling than the stomachache should be the fact that I talk to myself and answer myself, but that's an issue to deal with another time!) As I am beginning to feel better this morning, I am asking myself some hard questions. Did I learn anything from this? Will I use this experience as a teaching tool? Will I put last night's misery to use as a springboard to modify my eating habits? Alas, probably not.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails