Saturday, March 26, 2005

Yes, We Have No Blog

Nothing much has been happening around here. I couldn't think of anything to write. I considered writing about how inept I would be at saving the world (should the need arise, you know), while playing a video game with Andy. I thought about telling how while we were supposed to be battling the enemy together, Andy kept having to come rescue me, because I kept finding various ways to either get myself killed, fall off of high ledges into endless pits, or wedge myself into places from which I could not escape. A most hopeless warrior. Andy gently suggested that perhaps I would rather just watch the game instead of participate. I agreed.

Then I thought of writing about how the mother of a 14-year-old was arrested for entering an abortion clinic demanding to see her daughter who was taken there unbeknownst to her mother. This is absurd. The clinic contends that the 14-year-old's rights were violated. Excuse me - a 14-year-old has rights such as this? Yes, the time for talking ideally would have been before the situation arose that required the clinic visit, but you know what they say about hindsight. Actually, my neighbor says that hindsight is 50/50. I'm not kidding. She does not intend it as a joke, either. Very hard to hold a straight face when she says this! Well, this is also the same neighbor who refers to "hosta" plants as "hostages". I'm not kidding, and she's not joking then, either. She told us one morning that the deer were eating all her hostages. At this point we remembered something vitally important that needed our attention at home, as there was a real danger of us bursting from stifled laughter.

Well, I thought about writing all of this, but then decided not to. I will just wait until tomorrow and maybe then I can think of something to write about. So, no blog for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails