Sunday, March 27, 2005

Happy Easter

He is not here; He has risen, as He said He would do. Come, see the place where He lay. Matthew 28:6

Easter! Time for eggs, candy, and most importantly, to acknowledge the fact that we are all saved because someone loved us enough to die on a cross for us.

The Easter Bunny made an appearance at our house last night. I must admit I was a bit worried, wondering if this story had discouraged him from making his rounds last night!

We are not having a traditional Easter dinner today. We had one of our sugar-cured hams last week which led to leftovers, then ham sandwiches, then ham spread for sandwiches, and now it is awaiting its final metamorphosis into bean soup. Needless to say, we were not in the mood for ham today. I have been cooking a crockpot full of spaghetti sauce with Italian sausage since this morning, and right now there is a butter chocolate fudge cake in the oven. We won't be able to move after dinner, but that's okay!

We had our traditional egg hunt. Every year the four of us take turns hiding the eggs for the others . It is always, shall we say, interesting. Last year Jerry and Tom tackled each other on the ground for an egg that they both spotted at the same time. Sadly, I did not have the camera with me to capture that Kodak moment. I can only assume that memories of last year prompted Jerry to carry around a plastic baseball bat during this year's hunt. As long as I am in the house while someone else is hiding the eggs, there will be NO CHEATING! No one peeks, or they invoke my wrath. Unfortunately, Jerry is lacking a little in the No Cheating department. When it was my turn to hide the eggs, I was more than a little pleased with myself for what I thought were creative and wonderful hiding places. What I didn't know was that not only was Jerry looking out the front window watching me, he actually took a picture every time I hid an egg! There on the camera screen was a documentary of every hiding place of each of the 12 eggs. He may not have seconds of the chocolate cake tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails