Thursday, March 17, 2005

Happy Saint Patrick's Day!

Uh oh - I'm not wearing any green today. I am, however, typing this in green, and I found a few greenish moldy spots on some bread this morning - that counts, right?! Andy's bus driver gave out green hats to everyone boarding the bus this morning. It was a sight as I waved goodbye to him - lots of little green hats!

I have yet to hear back from my sister since she unwittingly called me yesterday. She has called me quite a few times accidentally because a button on her cell phone somehow gets pushed. Yesterday afternoon she called but I wasn't able to answer it. Later I listened to the message - well, what there was of one! I heard muffled talking, muffled music that sounded like a school band practice, and other unidentifiable noise. This is all there was. I listened for a full five minutes before hanging up. I have no idea how much longer the message really was. I called her cell phone and left a voice mail thanking her for the lovely phone call, and also thanking her for not talking about me while she didn't know she had called me! She really needs to watch that - that could truly be a hairy situation! What if she just happened to be talking badly about the very person she accidentally dialed?! Ouch! Jerry used to unknowingly serenade me with country music when he had his old cell phone. Somehow some button would accidentally get pushed and when I answered the phone all I would hear was Jerry singing - loudly. Some people sing in the shower - Jerry sings in his truck. Loudly.

I'll bet he's singing now - he has gone to Delaware today. I don't think his truck knows how to stay parked for more than a day or so! He left at 5:30 this morning, but called me at 9:30 to say he was already on his way back. All he had to do was drop off a sunroom. He's not installing this one. On the way home he will be stopping to finish a porch that he started earlier. As much as I miss him, I am always amazed at how much I get done when I'm by myself. Already today I have finished all of my work, plus worked a little extra in case we go away for a few days next week. The house is picked up, the laundry is done, I filled the wagon and woodbox with firewood and now am writing this! I may even spend a little time on the treadmill! Will wonders never cease? I usually pray while I walk - sounds strange, but it's time that I really enjoy spending with the Lord, praying about everything and everyone, giving Him all my worries to handle (and then trying to remember not to take them back later!). Today in addition to prayer, I need to think of something green to have for dinner. Hmmm......maybe I need to get that bread back out.....!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails