Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Strange Weather!

In the past three hours I have seen the weather change from 51 degrees and rain, to 36 degrees and snow! I'm still not tired of snow yet, so I don't mind seeing it at all.

Not much happened this weekend. On Saturday everyone except Jerry kind of sat around and did nothing - my favorite kind of day! Jerry helped a neighbor who is putting an addition on his house. On Sunday Jerry's mother came over and we were all going to work in the yard. We had come inside for a minute and without warning Andy got sick - we're talking projectile here! Naturally, he was on the stairs when it happened! After that he was a little pale and tired, but fine, and it never happened again. By Sunday evening he was ravenously hungry and I was trying to slow him down! We're not sure what that was about, but if it was a stomach bug, that's about how long I want it to last the next time I get it!

Not much time for blogging today - it seems whenever I write that, I end up writing my longest blogs! I have to be at Andy's school shortly. His teacher still isn't back and now there is another substitute teacher. I hope things start to go a little more smoothly in his classroom. Today and tomorrow they are finishing up the state testing. Those poor children go through so much for those stupid tests. I totally disagree with them, because they take time from learning what they are supposed to be learning so that teachers can coach them to learn what is going to be on the tests so that they will score higher and the schools will get more money from the state. It's ridiculous and I really disagree with the whole thing - as do most of the teachers, because they have to stop teaching what they were teaching, teach "to the test" for about two weeks, test the children, then get back to where they were before. In my opinion the testing doesn't even give an accurate assessment of where the children are anyway - they have been taught what's on the test strictly for the test! Oh, now I'm off on a tangent again! I feel sorry for the students because they are pushed hard to do well on these. Usually the teachers give them some sort of treat afterwards, but since Andy's teacher is not there, I wasn't sure if the substitute would do anything, so yesterday while I was at BJ's, I got a box of mini-cupcakes for Andy's class. I'll take them in with me today but they probably won't have them until tomorrow when the testing is finished. Jerry and I went to BJ's yesterday because he is leaving for Ohio early tomorrow morning. His sister there wanted new windows for a farmhouse on their property they are remodeling, so Jerry ordered them for her and now that they are in, they also want him to install them. The funny part of this is that there is a horse that Jerry's brother needs to get out to them in Ohio too, so they thought as long as Jerry's coming this way ..... so now he'll be taking a horse with him, too! He is going to be taking his brother's horse trailer with the windows safely packed in the front in a little room there, and the horse in the back! Jerry's mother is going along too to visit Jerry's sister while he's there. It should be quite a trip! Anyway, knowing that they will have the horse with them, I didn't think they would want to be stopping a lot and since it's about a 9 to 10 hour trip, I wanted to get food to pack for them that they could eat on the road and that's why I went to BJ's yesterday. (I kind of took the long way around getting to why I went there, didn't I?!) Well, off to school - more blogging later!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails