Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Reflections

Andy got his yearbook yesterday. I was amazed and a little saddened at how quickly everyone is growing up. It made me start thinking about the past, and thinking about how I can clearly see God's hand in so much of my life, even though I didn't know it at the time. Strangely enough, most of the time it was in the form of unanswered prayers or wishes on my part. The things I thought I wanted or needed turned out not to be what was right for me at all. The things that I did get turned out to be the right things. Sometimes it was possessions, sometimes circumstances, but I know now that had everything gone the way I wanted it to, I would be in a really big mess! Now it's wonderful having faith in knowing that what I'm given is exactly the right thing for me, whether good or bad. And not worrying about tomorrow, or a thousand tomorrows, is even better. Matthew 6:27 is a favorite verse: Can any of you live a bit longer by worrying about it? Or Matthew 6:31-34: So do not start worrying: "Where will my food come from? or my drink? or my clothes?" (These are the things the pagans are always concerned about.) Your Father in heaven knows that you need all these things. Instead, be concerned above everything else with the Kingdom of God and with what he requires of you, and he will provide you with all these other things. So do not worry about tomorrow; it will have enough worries of its own. There is no need to add to the troubles each day brings. Amen to that!



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails