Monday, May 23, 2005

I'm Human Again!

I feel like a human being again! What a difference a few days can make. I feel like I have been in a haze these last couple of days, but am much better now. My cough is almost a thing of the past - just a little at night (most annoying when I'm trying to get rest!). I actually did two days' worth of work today - I hadn't really done a lot the last few days and didn't want to fall too far behind. The boys cleaned the house for me yesterday so I didn't have that to contend with once I came out of my fog. Now I just need to make sure I don't overdo it just because I feel better. I did that before and got sick all over again. I think I'll wait a couple more days before getting back on the treadmill. Carrying laundry up and down the stairs is still wearing me out, so I don't think walking is what I need right now.

We are wondering if the rain is going to come or not. The clouds and sprinkles have been teasing us all afternoon. We are wondering because Andy has another field trip tomorrow - this one is outdoors, too. They are going to study oysters (arsters!) at a park near here and be on the beach. That would be pretty awful in the rain! I am not going on this trip (thank goodness!). I signed up to go if I was needed, but the teacher told me last week that she already had enough parents to go this time but that she would need me to go to the movies with the class next week. Not a bad thing, huh?! I'll take seeing a movie over staring at arsters in the rain any day. Besides, it would have been very difficult to have to come back from the trip at 1:45 and then do the things I normally do at school on Tuesdays.

Now I need to get stuff ready for tomorrow and put a fire under Andy to get his assigned reading done, then it's off to bed. Four o'clock in the morning comes awfully early. Too early, apparently - lately I haven't been rolling out of bed until about five o'clock! My snooze button is going to protest and just stop working one of these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails