Thursday, May 12, 2005

Blogs Are Catching!

My friend and neighbor told me a while back that I had inspired her to start a blog of her own. I really enjoy reading it - it's like visiting a friend and finding out the latest about what's going on in their life. I find myself checking her blog often, and looking forward to her latest entry. Here is a link to Anita's blog. She is a lovely lady who has inspired me to be more creative (she is the one who showed me the beautiful scarf she knitted, and made me want to learn). She is such a talented seamstress. Once I was at her house and she showed me a beautiful satin, lavender-colored dress she was sewing for someone. While I oohed and aahed over how wonderful the dress was, she showed me the picture that she was sewing it from. No pattern - just a picture from a fashion magazine. Now that's talent!

I think Andy feels the way I do about him taking Family Life. Last night out of the blue he said "Mom, I wish you had kept me out of Family Life class". We were given the option before the class started of keeping our child out of the class if we didn't want them to take it. I probably would have kept him out if I hadn't already seen the material that they were going to learn. The majority was based on health issues and not a lot on, well, uh, other issues. When I asked Andy why he wished he wasn't taking it, he said because he really didn't think he needed to know the proper names for "those parts"!

As I was filing papers at school on Tuesday, I had to file worksheets that the girls in the class had worked on in Family Life. (Girls and boys are separated for the classes, with the male vice principal and gym teacher teaching the boys, and female teachers teaching the girls). Not having seen the girls' material, I looked at one of the worksheets that I was about to file, and had to work very hard to stifle my laughter. The worksheet was on germs, and taking care of ourselves and keeping ourselves healthy. One of the items was to "List three things that you can do to keep yourself and your family healthy". This little girl had a very interesting list. Her three things were, "Wash my hands often", "Keep myself and my clothes clean", and last was "Tell my dad to use a tissue when he digs up his nose". I almost fell over trying not to laugh! I wonder if "Dad" knows that she shared this?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails