Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Worship Wednesday - With Words

There is no music for this Worship Wednesday.  Instead, I want to share why I'm putting worship music here on Wednesdays.  I realize that putting my faith out there is taking a risk.  Speaking about your beliefs does not fit in with what the world thinks, and Christian music is definitely not in the mainstream of what the world listens to.  We are called to live differently, to be in this world, but not live as the rest of the world does.  I believe there is power in prayer, and power in praise.  Praising Him with music is as pleasing to Him as our prayers.  I also believe this verse:

If a person is ashamed of me and of my teaching in this godless and wicked day, then the Son of Man will be ashamed of him when he comes in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.   Mark 8:38

If putting praise music on my blog can reach even one person - just one - then I will be glad.  In my statistics I can see how many people read various posts.  I don't know who you are, just numbers of posts read and country.  I wasn't really surprised to see that the number of people clicking on the music videos was significantly less than other posts, and that's okay.  If just one person gets inspiration, or feels moved by the music, then I will be happy.  I think it's sad when a country song can have lyrics such as "5-1-5-0, somebody call the po-po", (and much worse lyrics, but I won't put them here!) and make millions and fill stadiums, but put the word "Jesus" in a song and people tune out! 

I don't go door to door sharing my faith, but this is my little corner of the world and this is the forum that I have, so I will use it for His glory and to further his kingdom when I can.


Climbing down off my soapbox now!

In case anyone is wondering, Hurricane Sandy really didn't wreak much havoc here on us.  We lost electricity for about three hours and that was it.  A lot of rain and some wind gusts, but no trees down at all.   I'm glad my family fared well, also. 

Now I'd better get back to work - since we have electricity, I don't have a good excuse not to work!

Happy Wednesday, y'all!




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails