Monday, August 27, 2012

I'm Such A Nerd

It doesn't take much to impress me. You all already know that. But today I was really impressed!

Tom called last Friday to talk about stuff in general. Since we both have Bank of America accounts he asked if I had used their new mobile deposit feature yet. He told me he had just deposited his paycheck from his desk at work, and how very cool the app was. I reminded him that I hadn't gotten my iPhone yet. I'm waiting until September when the new model comes out; then I will get the one that's out now for REALLY cheap.

So, today Jerry received a check for his business. Usually if he's in Delaware, I will deposit these during the week but I wanted to try this stuff out. We used Andy's iPhone and it was very easy. You just put in your account information just like you're doing stuff online, and then take a picture of the front of the check and the back of the check, then it comes up with your different accounts and asks which one you're depositing it into, you pick the account, and that's that!

It tells you to hold onto the paper check for 14 days just in case but you can get rid of it after that. Right after it confirmed the deposit on Andy's phone, I signed onto the bank on my computer and sure 'nuff the money was in the account. I'm such a nerd that this absolutely thrilled me! As I said, it doesn't take much.

Oh, and it works on other smart phones, not just an iPhone. I see less trips to the bank in my future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails