Thursday, February 24, 2005

Praise The Lord and Don The Snow Boots!

The snow that I have been praying for has arrived! During the last snow we had, Andy wanted me to go out and have another snowball battle with him, but with my priorities misplaced, I told him no, that we'd go out tomorrow and do that. Well, tomorrow came and the snow was melted. I realized later that day that I would have had much more fun playing in the snow than doing what I actually ended up doing. During my prayers that night I asked for one more snow for Andy. You can bet I won't waste today. Sometimes grownups get caught up in grownup things and forget how to just play, when that's what they need most of all!

Yesterday Jerry and I went grocery shopping - no, not because the snow was expected - because our cupboards were bare. I had a chuckle waiting in the checkout line. Our cart was piled high, and the lady behind me only had a few items. The cashier had already started ringing up our groceries, when I happened to turn around and notice how little this lady had in her cart. I told her that I was sorry, that I should have let her go ahead of us, but she answered "Oh, don't worry about it. I'm not in any hurry at all. I just heard the S-word and decided to go to the grocery store". Perhaps we're crass here in my household, but here when someone uses the phrase "the S-word", it usually means someone has heard foul language, and I admit that just for a moment I had to think about what this lady said. Then it came to me - Oh! SNOW! She meant SNOW! My goodness - if we ran to the grocery store every time we heard "the S-word", our cupboards would certainly never be bare again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails