Monday, February 21, 2005

Happy Anniversary To Us!

Yesterday was our 23rd anniversary. I spent the early part of the day cleaning house, while Jerry worked on his truck in the garage. Finally toward evening we spent some time together - splitting firewood! I guess that's how it is when you've been married half your life! Instead of going out for dinner, we ordered in, so at least I didn't cook. We had our neighbor over and Tom had his friend over, so it took some doing to decide on something for everyone! Andy and I like Chinese food but we don't often get it because Jerry doesn't like it, but the neighbor wanted that too, so we got Chinese food for the three of us. Jerry, Tom and Tom's friend wanted subs, but when they called the sub place down the street, they said they were out of sub rolls! Have you ever?! Anyway, they settled for Dominos and got what they wanted from there. It was a very nice and relaxed evening and as a bonus, I still have some of my Chinese food left for today's lunch!

I forgot to put in what I wanted to about the title of yesterday's post. I had heard the expression 'West, By God, Virginia' before, but I wanted to know how it came about. I found out that it was used by people in West Virginia to differentiate themselves from Virginians before West Virginia was a state in it's own right.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails