Wednesday, February 06, 2013

Five Things

1.  I am typing this on my new computer.  Andy built one for me and gave it to me for Christmas.  For two months before Christmas he was asking me questions about what programs I needed for work, what features did I like about my old computer, and what I thought were random, and sometimes strange, questions.  Now I know why - he was customizing my new one as he was building it so it would be just for me!  I love it.  So much better than my old dinosaur.

2.  IFit changed their web site.  I do not like it.  No, I do not like it AT ALL.  It's hard to navigate, and when they first changed it, it had some hiccups.  And that's putting it nicely.  After time on the treadmill one afternoon, the results according to the treadmill were that I had gone 4 miles and burned 500 calories.  When I signed onto iFit afterwards, iFit said that I had gone only 3 miles, and burned 6 calories.  A whole 6 calories.  In 3 miles.  Andy said the only way that could be possible is if I walked very, very slowly and ate the entire time I was on the treadmill.

3.  Where is the snow?  We had a little of it but not enough.  More snow, please.

4.  My work is beginning to bite.  I love what I do and I love this profession I chose 26 years ago, but so much has changed.  So much of the work is going overseas where it is being done more cheaply, leaving the work scarce here in this country.  My pay was cut yet again last week, and I have hardly  had any work since the holidays.  *Sigh*

5.  To go with #4, you'd think I would have posted more, what with all that time on my hands......!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails