Friday, September 28, 2012

It's Happening Again.....

Sorry folks - time flew by again and I haven't posted anything in a while.  You haven't really missed anything, though.  I mentioned in a previous post about going to Mom's; I still haven't gotten those pictures from Tom.  I need to remember to do that so I can post them.  Last weekend we went and picked up Jerry's new flatbed trailer.  One of these days I'll post pictures of that, too.  I seriously need to get it together regarding pictures, don't I?! 

Today is a relaxing day.  Well, except for my washing machine finally deciding to leak profusely.  Oh, well.  I managed to get a lot of extra time out of it anyway before it got to this point.  Now I don't think we can put off getting a new one any longer.  On the bright side, I have the laundry hung out and that makes me happy.  There's something peaceful about watching laundry blow in the breeze. 

It doesn't look like we are going to be doing the 5K in October after all.  That weekend is the weekend that the house in Ocean City will need to be cleaned so it can be turned over to the owners.  That's okay, though. I haven't trained as much as I should have, and there's another one in December that we are going to aim for now.  I have only done two 5K's on the treadmill recently, and my times weren't anything to brag about.  Last week's was in Boise, Idaho, and I placed 115th out of 123 participants.  The person who was in first place had a time of 17 minutes!

Jerry is doing tree work today, so he came home last night instead of tonight.  I get a bonus day with hubs!  He'll probably be kind of late as it's a big job, so we'll have fried chicken (Banquet in a box - no, I'm not cooking fried chicken today - don't judge), something else and vegetable.  A simple dinner. 

And last but certainly not least, I would like to wish my associate father a very happy birthday.  Happy Birthday, Paul!  I hope you have a great day. 

Maggie first used that phrase, "associate parent" as she didn't like the word "stepmother."  It's true.  Step-anything has a bad connotation associated with it.  I think it started with Cinderella.............

Well, off to do stuff on this wonderfully relaxing Friday, while my laundry blows peacefully on the line, and I know that dinner is out of a box!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails