Thursday, July 08, 2010

Father's Day, Take 2

The weekend before last we celebrated the rest of Father's Day. Andy's gift to Jerry had been delayed in shipping, so we didn't have it for the actual Father's Day. He got him a pellet gun. A very heavy, potentially very painful, pellet gun. Tom got him CO2 cartridges to power said gun. Now all of the boys have one.





The morphology of pellet guns around here is interesting. Tom got one for himself last year which he thoroughly enjoyed; so much in fact that he got Andy one for Christmas last year. Andy enjoyed his so much, that he wanted Jerry to have one, presumably so the three of them could have battles.

I felt like Ralphie's mother in A Christmas Story, "You'll put your eye out."

They spent Sunday afternoon shooting various objects around our yard. Bees on my lavender plant didn't stand a chance. If there is a honey shortage this year, you know who to blame.

We made badly-drawn targets and hung them from the clothesline. We initialed each person's shot so we knew who shot where. Note the "M" on the shot below. Yep, that was mine. Pure luck, I tell ya.





My contribution was a cake. I got this decorating idea from this blog post. I know it's a little late to do the flag cake, but I might still try it. My circles didn't come out as neatly as hers!

1 comment:

  1. So funny! Once upon a time my four teen boys had these guns. This last week, I had six 18yr. and up boys shooting real guns. Thank goodness they were being very responsible and shooting down the shooting lane on our property. It ends in a large dirt bank. I don't know how much ammunition everyone brought..but they shot for hours! You just never know where that first airsoft gun is going to take you. Ha!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails