Friday, June 12, 2009

Swagbucks!

Okay, I am going to shamelessly plug something here. I have discovered Swagbucks. Basically, when you search something (through Google or Yahoo or whatever you usually use to search with) you can earn Swagbucks automatically. And then your Swagbucks are redeemable for your choice of goods. Personally, the one I'm going for is Amazon gift certificates. Every 45 Swagbucks is good for a $5.00 Amazon gift certificate. But there are lots of other things - too many to name here - to choose from. I have shamelessly put a block on the top right so that you can click on that and go directly to the site and sign up.

Now for full disclosure - I will get points when you sign up for Swagbucks - but I don't know who you are, what you search, or anything about you. Swagbucks does not disclose that - just adds matching points (for every point you get, I get one) to my account. If you have a blog yourself, or just want to email a referral address to your friends, you can do that too, and then you will get the matching points instead of me. This is not like a pyramid or anything like that! I've been watching this for a while and can honestly say that I'm okay with it. I have checked into it extensively and found that it is all above board, legal, and LOTS of companies participate now, so it's growing by leaps and bounds.

I have put a search engine block on my toolbar for Internet Explorer and on Firefox (yes, I use both - I prefer Firefox but my job software requires me to have IE), and whenever I'm working and need to search a medical term or something, I just use that. Just this afternoon on Firefox I searched "shaving a cat" - I'll explain in a moment - and it came up and said "Congratulations! You've just earned 1 Swagbuck!". Not bad for wanting to learn the proper way to shave a cat. Okay, now for the explanation - we have a longhaired cat who is shedding copiously, and because I'm still refusing to turn the air conditioning on yet, I think he'd be more comfortable with less fur. I was searching for info about it to make sure I wasn't going to make him psychologically unstable or anything. Well, more psychologically unstable. Anyhoo, he'll be more comfortable and won't require therapy because of it.

Well, guess I'd better go. Off to shave the cat, and we have a long day tomorrow that will start early - there's a huge book sale tomorrow with over 90,000 books that starts at 8:00 (I'll explain about that later), and then we're going to Jerry's mom's to shoot our potato gun - more space, ya know! If you don't hear from me for a while, the cat did NOT like being shaved, and I'm recuperating.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails